The Legend of Genji Development Team is looking for 2 talented writers who can help us brainstorm plot elements, proofread and critique scripts, work on character sheets and take on writing and research tasks!
We’re excited to bring new perspectives to the team, and we’re particularly eager to receive applications from people of color and people with disabilities.
The Legend of Genji is a volunteer-based fan project that is not associated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, or the creators of Avatar: the Last Airbender or the Legend of Korra. The team does not provide monetary compensation, but we can certainly promote your work, provide exposure to a global digital audience, and help you strengthen your artistic skills. Our team is comprised of young professionals in a variety of fields, ranging from consulting to the comic book industry — there may be other ways we can help advance your career! Please see a more detailed description of responsibilities below.
*** ATTENTION: The major beats of the story are largely decided. We do welcome your thoughts and perspectives on how we might tweak the smaller details or improve character development and the order of events in later books ***
Open Role: Writing Support (2 spots)
- Work collaboratively with a diverse, multicultural team via ClickUp, Trello, Google Drive, and Discord
- Work on character and plot development and research tasks assigned by the Lead Writers
- Assist the Social Media team with text for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr posts
- Partner with other writers on upcoming chapter scripts
- Give and receive constructive criticism with a positive attitude and growth mindset.
- Stay up-to-date with all story elements, plot points, scripts, and characters
- Participate in team activities and discussions consistently (text-based, video calls, voice chats)
- Produce work in a timely manner, providing progress updates to the Team Lead, Lead Writers, and teammates
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all team materials, sites, notes, scripts, storyboards, concept art, account information, teammate information, etc.
- Act responsibly and maintain a positive online presence on all social media accounts related to the project
- Fluent or advanced speaking/writing ability in English
- Proven previous experience in creative writing
- Self-motivated; Able to proactively seek and sign up for writing tasks
- A positive attitude and collaborative mindset
- Commitment to at least 6 hours of activities every week
- Must be well-versed in Avatar canon
- Understand and accept that the LoG Team is a diverse, inclusive family full of sappy nerds who will shower you with love, affection, and obnoxious memes. Our team has become a community, and we hope you’ll join us as both a team member and a friend.
- Management and organizational skills
- Multiple languages (especially Chinese, Russian and German)
- Basic social media analytics, Google Analytics, SEO, etc.
- Previous experience in scriptwriting (either film, TV, comics, etc)
- Video editing
- Math skills
If you’re interested in applying, please apply to this Google Form by 11:59 PM EST on MONDAY, MAY 31ST. Late applications will not be considered.