Is this official/canon?
- No; this is not affiliated at all with the original creators, Nickelodeon, or Viacom. This is a fan project that we do out of our love for the original series; we don’t get any profit from this.
When is the first chapter going to be out?
- At the moment, there is no official update schedule set up. Because of Covid-19, the general weirdness of 2020, and team members needing to take care of personal events in their lives, we don’t have a release date for when the first chapters will be out. We know you guys have been patiently waiting and we thank you all for that!
Where can I read the comic?
- As of January 2021, the comic isn’t available to read yet. When it is ready, we’ll let you know where you can find it! (Any Legend of Genji comic pages you can find out on the Internet right now are the old chapters done by Macky in 2017; those have been redone since the team was formed.)
Will this be animated?
- Unfortunately no; it would be amazing to see the Legend of Genji animated, but the team doesn’t have the time, energy, or resources to do that. Other than special occasions like the prologue, the story will be in a webcomic format! (We are also not looking for any voice actors at the moment.)
Will there be any LGBTQ+ characters?
- Definitely! The team has spent a lot of time working on this and it’s a subject near and dear to our hearts (many of us on the team are LGBTQ+ ourselves). We won’t be releasing any specific details before the story goes out, but there is definitely representation.
Who gets shipped with who?
- As we continue to work on the story and develop the characters, we have some ships that we are exploring. However, like the LGBTQ+ representation, we won’t be releasing the details about those ships (you’ll have to read and find out!)
Wait…who is the Avatar, Luan or Genji?
- Genji is the true Avatar (which is why it’s the Legend of Genji and not the Legend of Luan lol) but as to why everyone thinks Luan is the true Avatar, you’ll have to find out!
How did Korra die?
- That answer includes a lot of spoilers, so you’ll have to wait and see what happened!
Why did Korra die so young?
Our team has spoken at length on this very concern while working on the project. While she is not the first Water Tribe Avatar to die at such a young age (Kuruk dying at 33, for example) that’s still incredibly early for someone to die. So we totally understand why you feel this way about Korra. The decision breaks our hearts too— we absolutely love and respect Korra. Ultimately, the choice makes the most sense for the story, though. The sudden, tragic passing of the Avatar and the magnitude of the attack on Ba Sing Se created the right atmosphere of uncertainty and global unrest necessary for the false Avatar plot to unfold. We also came to the conclusion that Korra is a headstrong, compassionate Avatar that would do whatever is necessary to protect innocent lives. The choice to take the life of a strong leader and an LGBTQ woman of color was not taken lightly, and we will explore and honor her legacy through the eyes of her loved ones and the new Team Avatar.
Why doesn’t Genji look like Asami?
- Macky designed Genji a long time ago before that fan theory became popular. We don’t have any plans to change his design to look more like Asami 🙂
What is Genji’s animal guide?
- We’ve developed Genji’s animal guide, but we’re keeping them a surprise until they appear in the comic (it won’t take too long for them to show up).
What is the plot of LoG?
- It’s been 35 years since Kuvira’s surrender and the Earth Kingdom is still in shambles. While the rich live it up in Ba Sing Se, the poor struggle with day to day life. Out in the desert, the sandbenders’ rights are slowly being chipped away as the government seeks control over oil below the desert. The White Lotus and the Global Assembly struggle to maintain order in the world since Avatar Luan remains controlled by the Earth Kingdom government. In the sandbender town of Jinsha, sandbender Genji struggles to feed his family and keep a roof over their heads. All he wants is to keep his mother and sister safe. But when the government sends soldiers to move the sandbenders out, things get more complicated.
The similarities between Rise of Kyoshi/Legend of Genji?
- The idea for the Legend of Genji, including the fake Avatar plot, was written by Macky in 2014/2015. Our plot was largely mapped out before the Kyoshi book was published. We’re confident that our ideas were developed completely independent of the books. To stay true to the Avatar universe timeline, however, we’re going to incorporate some of the new canon established in the Kyoshi books into our story.
Can I join the team?
- We always announce on our social media accounts when we’re looking for new team members. To find out when we’re looking for volunteers, you can follow us on:
What art programs do you use to draw the comic?
- The artists use a variety of programs and some of them are:
- Paint Tool Sai
- Adobe Photoshop
- Clip Studio Paint
Do you have a Patreon?
- We don’t have a Patreon. But!! You can support us through likes, comments, reblogs, subscriptions, and sharing the comic from our official sources so more people can see and enjoy it! 🙂
Can I repost your comic with credit?
- We’d like it if you don’t repost the comic on Instagram, but if you do, please make it clear that your repost is not the official account of the project. Otherwise, on Tumblr and Facebook, please reblog and share from the original post!
Can I use Genji in my own fan Avatar story?
- Nope; Genji’s story is constantly changing and we can’t try and keep up with people using Genji in their work!
(Written by Kourtney and Caitlyn)